First of all, I've been tagged. So here are 8 random facts about me;
1) I've lived in 6 states and 3 countries.
2) On my first birthday we traveled from Japan back to the US and crossed the international date line. So I had my first b-day twice. Therefore, I have had one more b-day more than my actual age.
3) I really, truly have no idea how many UFOs I have on needles. And I really don't care.
4) My college degree is in anthropology but my real job is in the mental health field. It is a God thing.
5) I have only been married once, it is 20 years this month and I was 32 before I got married.
6) I knit Scottish style (sounds much better than "crotch knitting"-thank you Bev).
7) I currently have 4 cats, 3 dogs, 2 dog-cats, 1 horse and 1 husband. Hallelujah!
8) I have never knit a wash cloth.
That is probably more than you ever cared to know. I'm supposed to tag 8 people but I don't think I know 8 people who blog that haven't already done this. I'll have to think about it.
Second, I came across an interesting self-test. It is called the Harry Potter Sorting Quiz and I am a Gryffindor. Cool! The link is in the sidebar. Have fun.
Now, on to things fiber related. These are from our first dyeing workshop.
Moya dyed several wools she had spun, then dyed some rovings that she spun afterwards. Very nice. She is already planning on coming to the next workshop on June 24. She even bought her own crockpot!
I dyed a number of fibers together to coordinate them.
We are going to use them to design a quick knit kimono cardigan. Look for this in kits in a few months.
This is a merino/bamboo blend that I dyed to coordinate with some Schaefer Laurel to start work on a scrumble project. This will be on the calendar next month.
I will post tomorrow about the shibori project. And check out the KAL buttons. There are some great ones to join, especially the Summer Squares KAL as they are quick knits, use up stash and benefit a charity of your choosing. Think about joining them at http://summerofsquares.blogspot.com/. What's not to like?