Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Forget the keeper & Bring on Harry Potter!

OK, I've been told to quit asking for a keeper because I wouldn't listen to one anyway. (How did Bonnie get to know me so well?!?!?). Anyhoo...... I've just been accepted into the Hogwarts Sock Swap!! Woo-hoo!!


Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire


  1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Gryffindor


  1. Shoe size? size 8


  1. Foot Length? 10"


  1. Foot Circumference? 9"


  1. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.

a. Plymouth Bamboo

b. KA bamboo

c. Colonial Rosewood

In all of them I like #1-2 and 6-7" length.

  1. Would you like to try a new brand needle? Sure. If so, which brand? Lantern Moon or any other wood. Size? #1-2 Length? 6-7"


  1. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? N/A


  1. Allergies? Only the local air. Do you have any? Otherwise, no. Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? No smoke, but animal hair included free of charge.


  1. Are you an international participant (outside US)? No. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? I would love to have an international partner.

Just realized- this means I actually have to finish a pair of socks. Cringe. A WHOLE PAIR. Are you sure about that keeper business? Couldn't I have one just so I could say "But my keeper didn't tell me that........."!

But seriously, it should really be fun. Think about joining. The link is in my sidebar and signups started on July 14. They are enrolling up to 150 new 1st year students. See you there!

1 comment:

Sally-Anne Skrewt said...

Hello, Lily! I'm your Hogwarts sock swap partner stealing a peek to see your questionnaire. It's going to be hard to outdo the socks you've already made! Dyeing is something I've always wanted to try...I'll be living vicariously through you!