Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wow, has it really been that long?

Unbelievable. It has been almost a year since I last posted here.
I'm going to try to get rolling again with this and, to that end, the first
thing that is taking hold this year are producing your own arte yarns
and learning to spin. This is an original design for a mobius using Sosae's arte yarne. I'll have the free pattern up in a day or two.







Here are pics of our
first 2 classes and
some of the products
available, especially
now that we have connected
a local fiber artisan.



Here is Moya's hand spun from Sosae's merino/tencel blend as a single.



Nancy's first attempt at hand spinning using a drop spindle and a braid of BLF in "Sweet Melon.
We will having another spinning class this Saturday, Feb 5th, at 1PM. Hope you can join us!

And the girls are all tuckered out from guarding the precious fibers. Poor things, it is a tuff life......

4 comments:

Linda said...

It's good to see you blogging again. My Saturday is crazy-busy, but if I can get away, I'll come down for the spinning class. I bought the fibre from you a few months back, but have not done anything with it. This would be a perfect opportunity for me to learn something.

Linda said...

Good to see you blogging again. Saturday is crazy-busy for me, but I'm going to try to make it down there for the spinning class.

knittercritter said...

Unbelieveable how time flies! I just have such a hard time juggling my time but I guess everyone has those issues.

It looks like spinning is going to be very popular so, while I hope you get to join us this Sat, we will be definitely doing it again

Unknown said...

look at your puppies so cute. the one on the left matches the blanket lol.