Friday, November 02, 2007

Survey Winner and Shop Happenings

Thanks to the ramdom number generator (better known as the hubby) Christine is the winner of the sock method survey! Congrads Christine. I will let you know what colors I have available in the Baywood to pick from.

Sunday is the Fuzzy Friends Club at the shop so I have created a felted stuffed fish for the project. I knit it out of leftover Cascade Indulgence.Above is before felting, below is after. I haven't even stuffed it yet, but Joey still finds it acceptable for playing with.


Wait until it has catnip in it. Will they love it then!

On Friday, November 9, we will have our next Swap Meet. The purpose is to sort through your scraps, organize what you might want to use together, then trade what you don't want for fibers you can use with what you have kept. To keep you motivated, I will offer a free scrap painting workshop which includes a basic template for a side-to-side garment. Below is the scrap palette I'm using.It includes wool, mohair, silk, cotton, linen and polymides in all shades of fuschia, lavendar, rose, and pinks with a little green and beige. There is one sparkly (which didn't make the picture), several fuzzies, one boucle and the rest are smooth.

And this is what it is looking like so far.
As I say, it is side-to-side construction, starting with the body, and can be a vest or can have sleeves added to make a cardigan.
I look forward to showing you one way of making the most of your scraps. See you there!

No comments: