Monday, December 28, 2009

Some New Items at the Shop

I've been thinking a lot about this coming year and am hoping it will be a more positive and productive time. To that end, I have been thinking about the things I would like to change. I, of course, would like to lose some weight and get healthier, I vow to get more organized and I also want to finish and post more new items and shop projects, as well as taking the shop in new directions. I'll talk more about that in the coming weeks. I'm not going to call these resolutions, because that usually dooms them to failure. Rather, they are just things I want to work towards. What are your intentions for the coming year?


So in keeping with these intentions, here are some of the current projects finished or under way:




Jamie finished her first weaving on the Ashford Knitter's Loom. Isn't it great? The colors are marvelous and she really got through it quickly. You can produce items so quickly on these looms. It is really enjoyable.


We just got in some new yarns from JoJoLand. I luv JoJoLand's yarns. They are so soft and the colors are exciting without being too bright. Our newest shipment included Melody, her superwash fingering and Rhythm, her worsted weight which we haven't had before.
Paige is busy making an entrelac scarf with the cream/brown Rhythm. It is coming out beautifully and we will get a picture posted shortly.


Then here is Anne Shirley using Merisock and Santa Fe.



It is a modified Feather & Fan pattern, designed to be a scarf. I doubled the number of stitches to make it a wrap. It can be blocked or left unblocked to resemble a shibori project. I luv the texture and the fact that it is reversable. Too much fun and the picture doesn't do the colors of the yarns justice. They are so rich and really compliment each other. Another variation of the chevron idea.


And this is the Mitered Vee from Jane Slicer-Smith's Swing Swagger Drape book.


I luv doing mitered projects and this one went very quickly as it is using Kureyon so you don't have to change colors that often. Sh......this is for my downstream partner in Ravelry's Worldwide Shawl Exchange and it is a secret.


And this was the scene after Christmas dinner.

The babies got to share our food and were more than ready to also share nap time. There almost wasn't room for us!
Hope you have a great New Year's!

2 comments:

Knittingknutty said...

The shop looks really great!! I miss you guys so much and love to read what you are doing. I want some pics of the Sunday girls and what they are doing too. Wish I was there to see ya'll one Sunday.

knittercritter said...

We miss you too! You were always so up, bubbly and positive. I'll try to get some pics of the Sunday group and get them posted so you feel like you are there.

Hope things are going well for you!